"The Pratt in Venice program opens doors for you that you never knew existed both inside and outside yourself.“ –Penney Clements Dante, 1989
All students are eligible to apply for Pratt in Venice Scholarships and Course Assistantships. Students apply for scholarships and assistantships directly on the program application. Applications for the 2017 program must be submitted by the deadline of February 10, 2017; applications received after then will not be considered for scholarships and assistantships, unless there are remaining positions and funds available. Various student loans may also be used for this program; interested students should work with Pratt's Financial Aid office.
The Pratt in Venice Alumni Scholarship Fund offers assistance to qualified students based on demonstrated need and excellence. In recent years, the scholarship has been funded by Pratt in Venice alumni and through the annual exhibition silent auction. Students compete for available funds through an application that include images of work, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose. Applications are reviewed by the Pratt in Venice Scholarship Committee, which is composed of Pratt faculty. For the 2017 program, scholarship grants will be announced no later than March 10, 2017.
In 2017 there will be four course assistantships, each paying $2,000. Students compete for available assistantships through an application that include images of work, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose. Applications are reviewed by the Pratt in Venice Scholarship Committee, which is composed of Pratt faculty. For the 2017 program, assistantships will be announced no later than March 10, 2017.
Credits & Costs for Summer 2017
Tuition is determined by registered credits (undergraduates at $1,488 per credit; graduates at $1,647 per credit).
- 8 undergraduate credits - $12,384
- 7 undergraduate credits - $10,836
- 6 undergraduate credits - $9,288
- 9 graduate credits - $15,417
- 8 graduate credits - $13,704
- 7 graduate credits - $11,991
- 6 graduate credits - $10,278
- Study Abroad fee – $400
- Housing - $1,795 (subject to change)
- Students will make a 50 € housing deposit on the first day of the program, refunded by Pratt in Venice at the program's conclusion provided they return their apartments in acceptable condition.
- non-credit 3-week option (intended for working professional) - $5100